30th December, 2015: I’d created a resolution for myself on the same day, last year, to complete at least 100 books in 2016. To be honest, I’d never imagined I would complete this task. With my work and everything going on, it was highly doubtful.
But, I surprised myself; by mid-year I’d resolved to complete as many books as I could and try and finish the Hercules task. Mercifully, reading for me is a habit more than anything and finishing the books turned out to be a cake walk (or not).
30th December, 2016: Today, I’m pretty proud of myself to have completed the resolution I made (for once I actually completed a resolution). Hence, I thought to dedicate this post to give you a consolidated list of 15 books that I read and liked this year. I would be giving my reviews on the following books in the coming posts. I haven’t included all the 100 books in the list, though if you really do want me to give you the entire list, feel free to leave a comment / email, I’ll be happy to share the same!
*The books are not given in any preference order / list
- Kafka On The Shore – Haruki Murakami
- The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle – Haruki Murakami
- The Cursed Child – J.K.Rowling & Jack Thorne
- Pottormore Presents (3 short stories books) – J.K.Rowling
- Mrs. Funnybones – Twinkle Khanna
- Indian Tales – Rudyard Kipling
- The Twentieth Wife – Indu Sundaresan
- The Feast Of Roses – Indu Sundaresan
- The Serpent’s Revenge (Unusual Tales from the Mahabharat) – Sudha Murthy
- My Gita – Devdutt Pattanaik
- The Pregnant King – Devdutt Pattanaik
- Rise Of Kali – Anand Neelakantan
- The Curious Incident Of The Dog In The Nighttime – Mark Haddon
- Mom & Me & Mom – Maya Angelou
- The Great Gatsby – F. Scott Fitzgerald
Have you read any of these books? Also, what is your resolution for the coming year?
Eager to hear your story!